Friday, November 21, 2014

My steps towards lucidity

I think small steps is best. Trying everything at same time may be overwhelming. What I mean is steps such as writing dream journal in morning, doing reality checks, performing techniques in the night, doing all day awareness technique etc.

I've started with be sure to write in my physical dream journal book I've near the bed as fast I remember it when waking up. EVEN if I haven't had any dream I shall write anything to keep the habit.
This, I will continue do until I am sure of it. 

What I later will do, is to learn to wake up in middle of night.
Something I love, is to wake up in middle of night and then instantly go sleep again. I am usually very tired in night when I happen to wake up (sometimes I wake up without any alarm), and I LOVE to fall asleep, it feels so awesome to just let myself fall asleep.
This however, have been causing that times I had in mind to try out a technique where I'm waking up after around 4.5 hours of sleep, I am so tired and I really feel like continue sleeping. And what I've done is to just continue to sleep.
This is something I really should start fix as well.
I think I'll gain lucidity more often by techniques I can do right before REM (rapid eye movement) period, rather than DILD (dream induced lucid dream) technique which I've kind of relayed on in my previous tries to become lucid (which have worked, but not as often I would like to become lucid).

Then I will also try out an app on my phone that will remind me to be aware AND perform quality reality checks during the days.

So, what I have on my prior list is now this (in correct order):
1. Habit to write in dream journal in morning,
2. Wake up in middle of night, and actually go up for a while, maybe go bathroom for a 5 min and then back to bed.
3. Start with All Day Awareness and possibly reality checks, but this focusing on quality! Starting slow with all day awareness to not make it overwhelming.


This is what I've in my mind right now.

One technique I'm interested in is SSILD (senses induced lucid dream), which I will try sometime, before this month ends. What I think of doing is to try out the technique everyday for maybe 1 or 2 weeks and see the results. Then I could move on to another technique to try out. All results I will post on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment